Sunday, September 18, 2011

Anything she can do I will do better

I've been trying to get my s*** together so that I can spend more time with my daughter, more time with myself and more time looking for love. Part of this new found plan was starting a fitness boot camp this past week. I have come to realize that as a high strung woman I need an outlet for all of my daily stress. So I joined a fitness boot camp with a few girlfriends of mine. Figured that for an hour twice weekly I could just focus on relieving the stress of my daily life and work on my body.

So we started a week ago. First class went great. For a whole hour I felt like I wanted to puke my guts out. But that's good right?!? Means it's working. Then the next class a few days later and down my two buddies I show up to find that my arch enemy... my nemesis is also enrolled in the very same class that is to be my stress relief! UGH!!! Back story as to why she's my nemesis... of course it includes a boy. One she happens to still be with...

Back to boot camp ...Keep in mind this is week one of 12. What am I to do? Well there really is nothing that I can do. Although part of me really wants to thank her for joining the class and giving me additional motivation to make the changes that I want to see in myself. The other part of me just really wants to take my hand weights and deck her across her full face of makeup or strangle her with my resistance band. Seriously who comes to work out in a full face of make up. YUCK!

I kept my distance throughout the class to avoid the drama she seems to thrive under and actually got a pretty good work out. I found myself watching her progress and pushing myself harder. Odd how a loathing of someone and wanting to be nothing like them can push you to be better than them. Not that I don't already feel better than her... but maybe part of me feels the need to prove to her and everyone else why I am better.

That night I actually dreamt about her. I dreamt that she was following me around the gymnasium as I was trying to watch my daughter play soccer. After swapping seats three times to avoid her I finally turned around, threw her down onto the bleachers and told her to grow the f*** up. Told her to act like a grown woman (she's 36) and get a life. Felt pretty good. Even if it was only a dream.

We'll see what happens this week. All I know is that by the end of the 12 weeks if one of us isn't dead I sure won't be taking her bulls*** anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment